Gabrielle K. Tüscher
Cert. Eating Disorder Specialist
Eating Disorder & Trauma Psychologist
*21 Years Professional Experience & Clinical Training *
Due to her wide range of expertise, Gabrielle has been recognised as a leader in the terrains of both psychology and nutrition, marrying relationships with self and our bodies. She provides therapy on an International platform to a host of clients dealing with complex relationship, psychological and medical concerns.
Gabrielle’s extensive experience lies in psychodynamic therapy for interpersonal-conflicts, trauma; eating (and other) mental and behavioural disorders. Depending on patients unique needs, she adapts and integrates depth psychotherapy with other evidence-based interventions including Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Family-Based Therapy (FBT) in treatment.
Gabrielle also treats marital discord and familial conflict through individual, couples and family therapy.
For the past 21 years, her reputation for her successful work with adolescents and young adults afflicted with social and general anxiety disorders, eating disorders (all forms); and those impacted by trauma, remains unparalleled.
She developed “Smashing Masks” ED Circle Professional Programme Series™ , a platform aimed at building foundation of care through patient-carer-professional partnerships, to break the stigma of eating disorders, while creating a voice for sufferers.
As a respected clinician, she provides professional training and supervision to other mental health, medical and educational professionals in the diagnosis, treatment and management of eating disorders.
In addition, Gabrielle provides full consultancy services for luxury hospitality globally.
She served as Wellness Consultant for the Shangri-La Hotel Management Group, and Advisor for the Peninsula Hotel Group and the Peninsula Spas by ESPA. She designed the ‘Naturally Peninsula’ corporate wellness brand, which encompassed a variety programmes for all properties within the group.
As contributing editor for a host of publications, she has been quoted in over 50 international publications with her work being featured on media platforms including, but not limited to: Channel News Asia, the International Herald Tribune, Harper’s Bazaar, Newsweek, Travel & Leisure, South China Morning Post and Vogue.
Celebrity clientele includes leading hotels of the world, award winning spas, and the entertainment industry.
ED Evidence Based Treatment: ACT, DBT & CBT; Psychodynamic Therapy; Family-Based Therapy.
Mental & Behavioural Disorders
• Anxiety Disorders • Depressive Disorders • Bipolar & Related Disorders
•Obsessive-Compulsive & Related Disorders • PTSD, Stress &/or Trauma Related Disorders
Eating Disorders: Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, AFRID & OSFED
Orthorexia & Bigorexia
Exercise Compulsion & Emotional Eating
Food Addictions, Fears & Phobias
Body Dysmorphic Disorder
Substance-Related & Addiction Disorders
- AED: Academy for Eating Disorders: Emissary for Southeast Asia
- IFEED: The International Federation of Eating Disorder Dietitians
- IAEDP: International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals
- NEDA: National Eating Disorders Association
- BEDA: Binge Eating Disorders Association
- HEDA: Hong Kong Eating Disorders Association
- EAP: European Association for Psychotherapy
- BACP: British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Commission of Dietetic Registration
- AND/SCAN: Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- AAMFT: American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy
- British Dietetic Association
- Psychotherapy Society of Hong Kong
- Asia Professional Counselling Association
- The Hong Kong Dietetic Association
- Hong Kong and Shanghai Hotels Limited; The Peninsula Hotels & the Peninsula Spas by ESPA: Nutrition Advisor
- Naturally Peninsula ‘Flavours’ Cookbook: Nutrition Advisor
- Naturally Peninsula ‘Spices’ Cookbook: Nutrition Advisor
- Naturally Peninsula ‘Cooking with Teas’ Cookbook: Nutrition Advisor
- Shangri-La International Hotel Management Limited: Consultant
- Sandals Resorts International: Consultant
- The Landmark Mandarin Oriental Hotel Spa: Nutrition and Mental Health Advisor
- The South China Morning Post City Health Section & Post Magazine: Mental Health Expert
- The Kely Support Group: Mental Health Advisor/Author of ‘Dying to be Thin’
- Asia Spa Magazine: Contributing Mental Health & Wellness Editor
- PURE Group International: Wellness consultant